Thursday, May 28, 2009

Poor little Suzy gets ANOTHER ouchie

 

You know, they say lightening isn't supposed to strike the same place twice, but in our little Suzy's case, that is just not true. This is the second time that this poor old girl has been vandalized. Once during a funeral, no less. How rude is that???? But Shauna had left her scripture case in plain sight and some thug found that completely irresistable. Ironic, isn't it? I came out of our friend's funeral and there sat Suzy, between a Lexus and a shmansy Cadillac all pitiful and embarrassed about her shattered glass, or so it seemed to me. So, we got that window all fixed up, only to re-experience that awful sense of invasion again yesterday. In broad daylight. On our own driveway. Shauna had only been home from school a couple hours when we discovered it. That takes some serious nerve (not to mention sickness) to do in the middle of the day, on a driveway that is clearly visible from every single vantage point imaginable. Disgusting and cowardly. It's kind of like beating up on an old woman, if you ask me. And because she is quite elderly, we have to wait for the replacement glass to be ordered because it is not readily available. Nothing but fun, I'll tell ya. But things could be worse. A couple of our friends have had their vehicles stolen recently, so I'll replace a window anytime....it seems I keep having to....
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Laura said...

I can't believe they did it in the middle of the day! That is brave if you ask me, especially where Shauna parks so close to your house, in a cul-de-sac, off a fairly travelled road... Man, what have you got to be thinking?!?

Don't you feel so violated?!? Poor, poor Suzy. We're still hoping our poor, poor Jeeves is recovered. :)

Connie said...

Until yesterday, I had no idea your car had been stolen....and it sounds like you have not yet recovered poor Jeeves? Honestly, what is happening in our neighborhood?! I am distressed. I hardly slept a wink last night--I kept thinking I heard someone out in the driveway (we had to leave her parked out there, windowless, with a nice-ish stereo inside) so I kept leaping out of bed to look out the window. Finally I heard something REALLY suspicious at about 4:30 this morning, and could not believe my eyes--there really WAS someone in a van pulled into our driveway. I saw him just as he was jumping back into the van. I screeched out to Torrey and went running down the stairs, and out the front door to see what else he had done to us....I nearly tripped over our newspaper in my self-righteous haste, with Torrey right behind me. I rushed to the driveway, only to see that our 2 vehicles were sitting there peacefully, just as we had left them only hours before. It then dawned on me that the criminal that I had spotted speeding away from our home was our newspaper delivery man....bless his heart. He has recently started bringing the paper to our front door. A kind act of service that nearly cost him his scalp. ***sigh***

Shelli Snyder said...

Poor Suzy. I say it's Shauna's fault. We never had these problems when I drove her. :)

(Just kidding, Lovey! It's SOOOOO not your fault that someone mistook your scripture case for a purse. :))

Bonnie said...

I am sorry, Lowders! Honestly, where have all the good law abiding people gone? I know from experience that having your car stolen and broken into are both pretty invasive to your feeling of well being. Hope your window comes in soon.

Good thing the paper man got away with his hair! Too funny!

Hugs! B