Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Elder Kevin Lowder...and friends :)





I just want to give a shout out to my son, Kevin, who is serving in Recife, Brazil as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He has about 9 months left, and has had some amazing and life-altering experiences. We are sure proud of him, and we miss him every single day. What a wonderful young man he is. I just hope he leaves all those nasty bugs right where he found them! ICK!!!! In his last email, the man seated next to him on the bus started vomiting violently, and it didn't even phase Kev. In the most recent email, Kevin was the one doing the vomiting, and I'm sure that phased him a little bit more. :) We love him so much!!!!!

5 comments:

Bonnie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bonnie said...

Kevin and other like him are the hope of the future generations!

Pancake said...

POOR GUY!!! How can you not be phased?? Nine months! YEAH! Are you going to go get him too???

Shelli Snyder said...

Oh sick. I remember seeing my first cockroach in Florence and I freaked out ... it was probably the size of my thumb nail. :) That's why I didn't go to Brazil.

Connie said...

Uhm. Excuse me. You didn't go to Brazil because "the guy upstairs" knew that the only possible foreign country that your mother could actually send you to without having a complete and total melt down (with it's accompanying hyperventilation and immediate hospitalization) was Italy....Plus, that's where you wanted to go, and we all know, without question, that you are highly favored. :)